TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) has released new guidelines for the Bulk SMS Service Industry by introducing DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) - a block-chain based registration system that will maintain the record of all transactions made by business entities. The sole objective of TRAI DLT regulations is to bring transparency to the system, counter the menace of SMS spam and protect the consumers from fraudulent practices.
TRAI has mandated all businesses wanting to send Bulk SMS (promotional or transactional or OTP) to their clients, to register their business entity, sender IDs, and SMS templates on DLT platforms. DLT platforms are operator-run portals such as Airtel, Videocon, Vodafone, Jio, BSNL, where businesses need to register by giving their business details.
How to register on the DLT platform?
Enterprises can register directly on the DLT platform by following the below-given steps:
- Visit the DLT Platform - https://dltconnect.airtel.in/
- Sign-up by choosing as an enterprise
- Enter your Business PAN details
- Enter the email address and password you would use to log-in in future
- Wait for OTP verification
- Verify your business Email by clicking on the link sent to your mailbox
- Once you have completed the sign-up process. Please login to the portal
- Complete the form with the required details and documents
- Pay the registration fee (Please note – For now, the registration fee is INR 0)
- Once the registration process is completed, a temporary registration number will be generated
- Your account will be activated in 48 hours, post review of the submitted documents
- Once your account is activated, you can log in on the DLT panel with your credentials
Required Documentation for the DLT registration:
- Proof of Identity – PAN Card (Business PAN card)
- Proof of Address – GST Certificate, Certificate of Incorporation, TAN Certificate, FSSAI License, Import/Export Registration Certificate
- Letter of Authorization
DLT regulations will be completed in multiple phases. The first phase of the registration is to sign-up and complete the registration process on the DLT platform. Thus, Uengage requests every enterprise to register their business on the DLT platform for the smooth functioning of SMS marketing campaigns.
Also check our newest launch: uEngage Flash: Best Delivery Management Platform.
Uengage will update about the mandatory registration of every Header (Sender ID), Consent Template, and Content Template on the DLT platform.