The significance of a well-crafted brand app can't be overplayed in today’s digital-driven landscape. The development and promotion of a brand app have become a crucial element of an efficient & effective brand marketing strategy. As businesses strive to fabricate a distinctive online presence, the role of mobile apps has become utterly important as they allow customers to interact with brands. Therefore, in this article by uEngage, we will tell you about the Top 6 Effective Strategies For Building Your Brand App.
Why Building Your Brand App is Important
Before telling you the Top 6 Effective Strategies For Building Your Brand App, it is crucial to understand that why building your own brand app is crucial. Mobile apps are fast overtaking websites as a means for raising greater revenues and profits in aggressively competitive spaces such as restaurants and food service. Mobile apps are being adopted by a fast-growing number of customers, especially in the food ordering/ delivery space, because of the following reasons:
- It is easy to use and navigate – a few clicks, taps, and swipes will do the job
- It is portable and mobile – orders can be placed from anywhere, at any time, and for anyone by the customer
- It offers comfort – Menus, offers, etc. are at the customers’ fingertips, several payment options exist and the food gets delivered to their doorstep without the hassle of interaction, miscommunications, etc.
When small/ medium/ local offline food service/ restaurant businesses develop and maintain a dedicated brand app, instead of depending on purely offline business/ mobile and telephone for orders/ aggregator platforms and third-party portals, they stand to gain a wider reach in a cost-effective manner and direct access to customers without having to worry about losing potential orders to competitors.
Also Read: Top 5 Benefits of Brand App in the Competitive Food World
Top 6 Effective Strategies For Building Your Brand App
The ever-changing digital world and technological advancements have completely changed the way people interact with brands. Thus, mastering the art of creating a unique and effective brand app that meets the audience's requirements has become a must. So, stay with us till the end to find out about the Top 6 Effective Strategies For Building Your Brand App:
#1 Focus On Creating Value
Before building the brand app for your restaurant/ food service business, you must assess what are the pain points for customers and core challenges for you that you are looking to solve using the app. For instance, is it a single platform to take pre-orders, make reservations, order food, get offers, etc.? Do you lose customers to competitors on aggregator platforms? Are you seeking faster ordering and delivery and expanding your customer base? Are you looking to amplify your brand voice? Once you have clarity on pain points and core challenges, strategize on how to address these and create greater value for the customers and your business.
The mobile app is a powerful tool to help build trust and relationships with customers and nurture customer loyalty. Annoying notifications, junk, irrelevant content/ notifications/ offers, etc. will only make the customer uninstall and block your app. So, ensure that your app is creating great value for the customer. Provide only relevant and customized push notifications, engaging content, and compelling offers to prod them to come back for more. For such reasons, focusing on creating value is listed at the first place among the Top 6 Effective Strategies For Building Your Brand App.
#2 Emphasis on Customer Experience
Focus on crafting unique, seamless, and cohesive customer experiences through the app. Customization, automation, integrated and speedy processes, live support through conversational bots, rider tracking, customer feedback collection, etc. are indispensable components to include. Such tactics will enhance the customer experience and also improve the brand's goodwill in the market.
#3 Focus On Functionality And Ease-of-use
Focusing on the functionality and ease of use is next up among the Top 6 Effective Strategies For Building Your Brand App. While it is tempting to concentrate on elaborate designs and colors, functionality and ease of use are most important. Some points to keep in mind:
- Focus on creating a user-friendly, hassle-free, and easy-to-navigate User Interface (UI).
- Keep the designs clean, crisp, and non-distracting.
- Integrate filters but not too many. Remember that the idea is to make the choice easier for the customer, not hard. Include filters such as location (if you have multiple locations), price, course classification (starters, main, rice, bread, dessert, signature dishes, etc.), meat/veg, etc.
- Include mouth-watering photos of your dishes. Try to include simple descriptions of the dishes.
#4 Some Features That You Cannot Miss
Apart from the strategies mentioned above in the article, there are few crucial features that you cannot afford to miss as a brand. These are:
- Have Digital Check-in App
- Live order tracking and customer support are a must.
- Integrate your loyalty rewards and referral programs into your app.
- Integrate easy payment options including a secure payment gateway.
- Let your app reflect your unique brand voice.
- Simple customer feedback forms
- Collecting performance analytics is a must
- Integrate social media platforms on the app and coax customers to post on their social media to give you organic reach.
#5 Ensure You Get The Best ROI
Achieving the best ROI (Return on Investment) is of greatest importance in brand app development. Thus, brands need to prioritize those features that especially align with the brand's essence while keeping development costs in check.
Build Your Brand App with uEngage and Attain Success
With subscription-based platforms like Uengage, it is feasible and cost-effective for small and medium businesses to build, operate and maintain their own dedicated app for food ordering. You save on hefty commissions that third-party portals and aggregator platforms charge, you get direct access to customers and maximize your reach, sales and profits. You also save immensely on having an in-house tech team as platforms like Uengage has an entire team of tech experts working on the technology part of the app while you can focus on your core business. Try uEngage Edge and attain success in the digital realm.